Moving a WordPress blog to a new domainÂ Â Â or web host may be easier than you think.
- In the blog to be moved, select â€œToolsâ€ in the left sidebar of your Dashboard.
- Now select the â€œExportâ€ option to download the contents of the blog (posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, and tags) in an XML export file.
- Prepare your new WordPress installation on the new server with the appropriate theme and any plugins.
- In the dashboard of the new blog go to â€œToolsâ€ and select â€œImportâ€.
- Choose the â€œWordpressâ€ option.
- Browsing to and select the XMS file you exported from the original blog, then click â€œUpload and Importâ€.
That's all there is to it.Â Don't forget to redirect your domain to the new server if applicable.